Monday 2 December 2013

Pictures in the Mind

I have been practising using words in my writing that give readers pictures in their minds.
Three weeks ago, the school did athletics on the field.
It was a very nice warm day. The grass was as soft as my cat’s fur. I wanted to lie down on it. The first event I did was the high jump. The bar was as long as a giraffe neck.
In the line, I was second to last. Finally, it was my turn. I ran around in the shape of a colourful rainbow. I jumped over the bar like a grasshopper and ran back to the line. The bar had not fallen off. I got my second chance to jump.  I pounced over the bar, but, this time, it was higher. I landed face first onto the soft as a couch mat but do not worry. It did not hurt, so I laughed. I got back on my feet and ran back to the end of the line. My turn was coming up. I sprinted to the bar and scissor- kicked into the air and on to the mat again with the bar on my tum tum. Bad luck, I thought to myself, but I tried my best. I got another go. I took a step back and ran like a bee darting from flower to flower. I jumped over the bar.

No comments:

Post a Comment